Tuesday 25 October 2011

Who do you think you are?

Today we visited another University.  It was hazily familiar.  I think I may have been there in my own student days to see a band or something.  I now find I'm a bit bored of Universities.  I wasn't interested in the fact that the Korean Olympic team will be using their sports facilities or the tour of the smelly teenager's, smoke-filled bedroom, with it's unmade bed and toilet paper on the en-suite floor.  I did feel a bit sorry for the poor first year student, who had been given the job of showing us around, even though she seemed a bit lost in the library herself but that was mainly because she had crumbs from her lunchtime sandwich in her moustache!  I was quite interested in the fish stall and the vegetable market.


On the way home we stopped off at the National Records office.  It was very frustrating and quite exciting all at the same time.  If only we could have worked out whether we were related to the Joseph of Bethnal Green that was born in 1888 or 1889 we might have got somewhere.  So we still don't know who we are - and they make it look so easy on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment