Tuesday 4 October 2011

All Piano's should be destroyed

When adults are interviewed about their regrets they say they wish they'd learnt to play the piano when they were young.  Well, I did learn to play the piano when I was young - and I'm still learning it now that I'm old!
My regret - that I've never given it up!  It's a stupid instrument.  I don't even like the sound that much when it's played properly.  

When I started working as a music teacher I thought I really ought to be able to play properly and so have been learning the pieces to get my grade 8.  I've been learning them for years and last time I was close to knowing them the syllabus changed and I had to learn new pieces.  

I have practiced for 3 hours today.  My fingers, shoulders and arms ache and I can now play 3 out of 4 pages of the Bach without stopping (at just under half the speed it should go).  It doesn't sound nice though and I'm feeling totally disillusioned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment