Wednesday 19 October 2011

It must be my age

Wednesday night band is in a senior school music room.  On the wall is a poster that says:
Where are you?
It's probably my age but this sign makes me laugh.  I'm sure the kids at the school understand it (I think it's about checking their progress)  It just makes me think that senility is setting in.  It was even more poignant tonight when my friend and I kept getting lost and collapsing into giggles.  At that point one of us would point at the sign and giggle a bit more.  Giggling is a dangerous occupation at my age.  There are things you have to think about carefully post-40 after children.  Things like going on a trampoline, sneezing, running for a bus and even laughing!

Lesson Observation.  Two words that strike fear into the heart of any teacher.  It shouldn't have bothered me.   As someone who doesn't strive for perfection I was only hoping to be told I was good enough. Satisfactory is one of those words that sounds like an insult but the dictionary defines it as fulfilling all the demands or requirements.  I'd be happy with that.  Luckily, none of the children were spinning on their heads and the lesson went quite well but I found myself blushing like a schoolgirl.  I could feel my cheeks burning and I was getting hotter and hotter.  The embarrassment of being watched - or maybe my age.

I'm watching 'It's Complicated' with Mr Long-Sufferring.  It's quite a nice film but when Meryl Streep was at the plastic surgeon asking for  help because one of her upper eyelids was droopy he shot me a 'look'.  He say's I'm paranoid but it's probably just my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment