Tuesday 18 October 2011

Sloe Sloe Quick Quick Sloe

I've been excited all day.

As it was still a bit frosty when I walked the dog this morning I thought it was the perfect time to pick the Sloes for my Christmas Sloe Gin.  For a non-drinker my excitement probably seems rather strange.
But I think it's about free stuff.  Those berries are there just waiting to be picked and turned into wonderful Christmas presents.

I must have looked like a bit of a nut, though.  There I was, rummaging through the bushes, with my i-pod on, singing along to the songs my choir will be singing at the Royal Albert Hall at the beginning of November, while the dog was off chasing rabbits.

With a huge 2012 event to plan for I have been trying to think of a good fun song to sing at the opening/closing ceremonies.  I've already rejected; 'The Winner Takes it All', 'Another One Bites the Dust' 'We are the Champions' and 'Born to Run' but I am considering 'We all Stand Together' and 'Celebration' (Kool and the Gang).  I made a suggestion of a name for the event that is happening in our town.  I hope they use it but I have a feeling it's too full of double-entendre.

Then I had an e-mail that left me bouncing like Tigger.  Three children from my choir have been chosen to sing a solo at the Royal Albert Hall.  Wow.  Even typing it is making my stomach do flips all over again.

My son has just suggested that they flick the ear of the critically ill patient on Holby.  Apparently, it always wakes me, his sister and the dog up!

No comments:

Post a Comment