Friday 7 October 2011

Funny Fridays

I love Friday.  Not because I'm waiting for the weekend but because everyone seems to go just a little nuts on Friday.  Even the dog knows it's Friday.  He often chooses Fridays to take one look at me and head off in the opposite direction. It's because I have to be in school early for school band practice and he thinks it's funny to make me late.  That, and the fact that Friday is bin-day and without me he stands a better chance of hunting down a nice bone wrapped in black plastic.

This morning I remembered the cake but forgot the music for band so I had to go back and was even later.  The cake was very popular in the staff room.  I can honestly say that the pouting, lip licking and suggestive looks I practiced while making it were worth it!

I had a very traumatic experience at lunchtime.  I was walking through the playground when the small girl who told me I looked a little bit pregnant attatched herself to my leg like a limpet. I tried to shake her off but she clinged on harder and said, "But I really, really love you,"  What do you say to that?  Nothing I said loosened her grip so I dragged my leg towards the staffroom door, opened it and mouthed, "HELP!"

Friday evening is MYO;  a wonderful bunch of nutty kids, who all love music as much as I do. We seemed to have two new members this evening.

I didn't know that pandas were so good at the flute.

No comments:

Post a Comment