Tuesday 11 October 2011

Procrastination

It's a shame that procrastination isn't a skill that you can put on your CV because it's probably my greatest talent.  I've always been good at it.  My parents worked out quite early that if they wanted me to tidy my room then they would ask me to practice the flute and vice versa.

Paperwork was on today's agenda.  Everyone hates paperwork, don't they?  I've just been having too much fun actually teaching and my notes have got severely behind. I was determined that today was they day I would  catch up.  That meant that I HAD to pop into school on a day I don't work, then I HAD to pop to Tesco but as I'd forgotten my purse I HAD to go home and back again. When I got home I thought it would be a good idea to paint my nails.  I wanted to see if I could get a Leopard print with the Barry M effects nail polish.  It didn't work very well the first time so obviously I HAD to do it again.  Then I HAD to play the piano for a little while to see how it looked.

Not quite the look I was hoping for!

So then I HAD to clean the kitchen.  To be fair, it was pretty filthy but what was happening to my paperwork?  Then the kitchen drawer broke.


I HAD to try to fix it.

Then I was a bit peckish and there was the wonderful birthday present from my sister calling me - tasting chocolate.  So I HAD to taste some.

At least I didn't HAVE to clean the oven - or I'd never have got through the paperwork I did manage to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment