Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday Morning Religion

I sang in a church choir for a while.  The Thursday evening rehearsals were great but because I wasn't available for any Sunday morning services I had to leave.  It seems that my Sunday morning religion was in conflict with the church.  

On Sunday morning I go to the allotment and listen to the Archers.  I listen with headphones so that none of the 'old boys' can give me advice.  I like my allotment but if I start to listen to advice I might think it's got to be perfect.

It was hot and sweaty this morning. I've started digging over but think it might be a bit early as they weeds haven't got the message that it's October and that they should have stopped growing.  They are not the only confused ones.  Strawberries in October?

While I was there a man from the Town Council in a suit with a clipboard arrived to do an allotment inspection. He told me that he's recently been promoted to the environment committee and was taking his job seriously.  Why I heard this in a thick Yorkshire accent (despite the very Essex twang it was delivered with)  I'll never know.  Luckily, I was there to avoid getting another weed letter!  Oh yes, our council send letters complaining if you have too many weeds.  I keep getting letters implying that I have a too big plot and if I gave up half of it (so they could reduce their waiting list) I would be able to have no weeds.  What they don't understand is that I quite like weeds they don't do me any harm so sometimes I just leave them. Horror!!

Time to go and do something with the fruit and veg I've come home with.


No comments:

Post a Comment