Friday 28 October 2011

There's no such word as 'Can't'

I was told some really stupid things by adults when I was a child but, "there's no such word as can't," has to be the most stupid.

Here are some things I can't do:

1.  I can't be in two places at the same time.
2.  I can't swim a length underwater
3.  I can't play the guitar (despite trying as the ends of my fingers are too flat)
4.  I can't take meetings seriously
5. I can't stop reading a book once it had got interesting (The Island made me get up late today)
6.  I can't make my fingernails grow long and straight and beautiful
7.  I can't make the dog come back if he's chasing a cat.
8.  I can't make my pupils practice
9   I can't carry my children any more (they are too big)
10.  I can't learn all the words to the songs in time for the Barnardos concert next week - especially the rapping bit!!!!!!

I'm sure there are loads more but I can't write them down now because I'm going to Lincoln for the last (yipee) university visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment