Monday 3 October 2011

Long-walk-Monday

Monday is the day for a long walk with the dog.  There's nothing like 2 1/2 hours of crunching through leaves in this glorious sunshine.

You know how you never notice how beautiful it is on your own doorstep?  Well a long-walk Monday will cure that.  We started along an old railway line but after a while it got a bit close to the road and my furry companion was being a bit too adventurous.

So we set off through the woods.  It wasn't a peaceful walk, though, as the chainsaws were out in force.  Having a strong foraging instinct, I was tempted to see if I could get one of these in my pocket.

'
  I've always wanted to make my own cricket bat.  Well not really, but that's what went through my mind.  Where do I get these strange ideas from?

Off to the falls, only to be disappointed that the tide is out and so not as impressive as usual.  Still beautiful though.

After 2 hours walking it was time to go home.  The dog was sticking close after an encounter with a small donkey (I think he thought it was a large dog) and so we didn't fancy turning round when we found the entrance to the footpath blocked.

For a moment, the future headline of the local paper flashed in front of my eyes.
"WOMAN IN HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR RESCUED FROM MALDON MUD!"
Luckily, I was able to free myself. However, "Hello Miss", is not what you want to hear from a skiving ex-student when your feet look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment