Wednesday 26 October 2011

Don't mention the C word!

One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed was a teacher's face when one of her pupils said, "Miss, is it OK to use the C word in my story?"  The child obviously meant Christmas and as most teachers know it is best to ban children mentioning Christmas until at least the beginning of December.

It's a busy time of year for a music teacher and although there is pressure to think about it early I always try to leave it as late as possible.  I'm the same with my Christmas shopping.  The week before is definitely early enough.

There are some things that make me excited that the festive season will soon be with us.  The first is when the evenings get cold and dark and you start to hear the odd random firework.  Then the story lines in the Archers turn to mincemeat and making Christmas Cake and finally, as happened today, my son's friend appears on the doorstep with the Argos book.

No comments:

Post a Comment