Thursday 6 October 2011

Fitness or Fatness

I love food.  I mean, I really love food.  Food is great.  Most of my best memories are food related.  When we mention a place we have been as a family there is always a food memory attached to it. Whether it's an organic Ice Cream shop in St Davids, eating Crepes in Brittany or peeling prawns at Leigh on Sea there doesn't seem to be a place on earth where food hasn't been important to us.  So, I try to keep a bit fit.  I don't do hot sweaty classes but I do walk the dog and swim.  

I've had the kind of day where I'm not sure if I've got the balance quite right.  It's one of the perils of being a teacher - kids are brutally honest.  Today, a small child told me that I look 'a little bit pregnant.'  Quite unfair, I thought but it did get me to the swimming pool this evening.  Next time, I will choose my time a bit more carefully.  I understand that the excitement of seeing a teacher in the swimming pool is enough to make the average 9 year old scream their name but I thought the novelty would have worn off after the first 20 lengths. 

On the way home I picked up a copy of the Good Food Magazine and was very excited to find it came with a free spatula.  I'm not really sure what to do with a spatula.  The long-suffering-husband had a few suggestions but they really aren't printable!

As one person I work with only eats biscuits with faces and coffee cake I thought I'd be kind and make some cupcakes to take in with my coca cola cake tomorrow.  I think I might eaten all the calories I burned off in the pool by licking out the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment