Sunday 20 November 2011

Stir up Sunday

It should be Stir up Saturday.  The day when you measure out the ingredients for your Christmas pudding and add alcohol (but not flour) and everyone stirs it and makes a wish.  The next day you add the flour and put it in the pudding basin and steam it. So if you stir up on Sunday you have to have Monday free to steam it.  Luckily, I do have time tomorrow.

Choosing the alcohol for the Christmas pudding is always tricky.  Delia suggests stout, rum and barley wine.  I didn't have any of those so I deviated from the recipe and used Cointreau and Brandy.  I don't like to change Delia recipes too much because they always work.



We all had a stir of the pudding and made a wish.  I know I'm getting old, or maybe it's the alcohol fumes but I can't remember what my wish was.

No comments:

Post a Comment