Thursday 10 November 2011

I sing like Adele

Teaching 4 year olds is such a joy.  They are so funny and cute.  Today we were learning a song about Shepherds for the thing that's coming up soon, that we're not allowed to mention.  I asked if they knew who looked after sheep and they were unanimous in their answer - Little Bow Peep.

Then we got round to talking about what a manger was and why there was a baby in it.  Most of them thought a manger was a song, "because my Nanny sings it to me."  The Grandmothers of this particular group of children are really quite amazing.  They seem to read to them, sing to them, pick them up from school and make their tea. I would like my children to know now that I do not plan to mother their children and that if they have them, they can look after them, although it goes without saying that I will sing to them.

We started with a warm up and sang baa baa black sheep in lots of different voices.  When we sang with a sheep's voice the little boy next to me said, "when you sing like that you sound just like Adele"



Then we added actions to the song to help us remember the words.  I always ask the children what actions they'd like to do and was a bit confused when one little girl said we could rub our eyes when we sang Jesus Christ.  It turns out she thought the song said Jesus Cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment