Tuesday 29 November 2011

Les Dawson Stayed at Home

A bad workman blames his tools.  I blame the tools.  Usually, I play the piano like Les Dawson but today I played a beautiful piano and didn't play a single wrong note.  It was exam day for a few of my pupils and one was so nervous she insisted that I accompany her.  I did tell her she might do better with a 'proper accompanist' but she was insistent and I'm so glad I did it.  She looked sick before she went in but came out with the most enormous smile.  They all played really well today and I hope they get the mark they deserve.  It's very nerve-racking putting pupils in for exams.  As usual, I turned to stress baking for comfort.  Magic Star cupcakes.  


A nice treat for after the exam.  Then I came home and ate my bodyweight in Ryvitas.  Hopefully, the result will arrive tomorrow and I can eat a little less.  One of my pupils always hopes she is going to get 'an extinction'.  That seems a bit extreme to me.  A pass or merit would be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment