Tuesday 27 December 2011

They Pyjama Defence

When my children were small they would refuse to change out of their pyjamas on a Sunday.  After a busy week of school, homework and clubs they felt they had earned the right to go nowhere and so they didn't get dressed.
Boxing Day is a pyjama day for all of us.  We slob around, watch films, play with our presents and eat left-overs.  But in the evening we go to my cousin's house for a family get together.  We always enjoy this party when we get there but motivating the children to get dressed and ready to go is a chore I don't enjoy. This year, I decided not to fight.  I said they could go in their Pyjamas.  They didn't quite have the courage to do it on their own, so they rang their Auntie and persuaded her to be similarly dressed.

It was a brilliant move.  At the end of the evening, when snuggling on the sofa with sleepy small children you need pyjamas on.

It's even more important to be in your pyjamas when having a bedtime story of the Gruffalo read to you.


I think I'll invest in a pair of pyjamas for next year's party.  They may have started a trend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment