Saturday 17 December 2011

Rewind or Fast Forward?

Have you ever wanted to go back and do something again?  Maybe you'd get it right if you got a second chance?  The other day I was stupid and insensitive and I really hurt someone I care about. I would give anything to be able to go back and do it all again.  But what if I went back and was as stupid and insensitive as I had been the first time?  I could be stuck in a nightmare version of Groundhog day.


Today we watched Black Swan, a film with mixed reviews.  People either love it or hate it.  I thought it was a very good film but it was dark and edgy and the way it was shot made you feel uncomfortable all the way through, as though you were watching something that you shouldn't.  Natalie Portman is one of those actresses who is so good you don't notice it's her. My husband wanted to fast forward through the scene in the club. He hates films where you know from the beginning it's all going to end badly and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

So would a fast forward button be better?  Would it be better to skip through all the bad bits of your life to make them less painful?
The problem is you don't know that they are bad bits until they are done.  Too late to fast forward.  I suppose we can only try to learn from our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment