Thursday 22 December 2011

There's always time for a bow

Arthur Christmas is a good film.

It's the perfect start to Christmas with a mix of reasons to believe in Santa Claus and jokes for parents who have no greater expectation than to have an hour of peace and quiet. Even though my children are quite old now they still love a good kids film.  My daughter has always engaged with every film or play she has ever been to see, sometimes embarrassingly so. When she was nearly 3 we went to see the Wizard of Oz at the theatre and she was so determined that Dorothy could escape from the flying monkeys that she was impossible to stop shouting, "Run Dorothy, run.  You can get away!" Although, there was no shouting in this film I did hear a gasp of, "Oh no, they've forgotten her present."

The jokes were great.  I particularly liked when they said, "Alert, alert we've got a waker."  Now, I know that's not a joke but I misheard waker and found it very funny.  When you can identify with a cartoon character the film is a success and I identified with the Grumpy Grandpa Claus and the Wrapping Elf.
I too can wrap anything with 3 bits of tape and agree with the ethos, "There's always time for a bow."

This gave me inspiration for my Christmas cake and have decided to turn it into a present, complete with bow.  There is only just time for a bow in this case as I have to wait for the bow loops to set before I can finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment