Tuesday 6 December 2011

Festive Frittering

Christmas can cause me to take procrastination to a whole new level.  My day started with a visit to the hairdresser for my Christmas Highlights.  It's my annual treat, to fool the grey hairs into thinking they are blond not grey.  Treat isn't really the right word.  I'm not a very patient person and sitting still for a couple of hours, talking about the weather, who is likely to win X-factor and whether I'm doing anything nice at the weekend isn't my idea of a good time. Having my hair done has always been a traumatic event.  My mum used to cut my hair and I would often be laughed at the next day at school for my wonky fringe and she would get very impatient combing out the knots.

As I was in town and had to pay some bills I wandered up and down the High Street and visited the library (again).  I bought some edible glue for my Christmas Cake and got a book from the library about Christmas floral decorations. I looked in shops for Secret Santa presents.  Freezing cold days always make me want to eat cake.  So, instead of getting my work done for 2012 celebrations I read my book, cleaned the oven, tidied a cupboard and made some mint chocolate flavoured cupcakes.  I'm quite pleased with how the cupcakes look but I think I put too much peppermint essence in, which has made them taste a bit earthy.

The antlers are Curlywurlys, the nose is a cherry and I made the eyes from sugar-paste and a icing pen.

Now, I'm blogging about wasting time on Christmas things and writing a quiz for the MYO Christmas party.  When Christmas is over I wonder what work-avoidance schemes I will come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment