Thursday 1 December 2011

It'll end in tears

If you see white feathers or smell chocolate it's meant to be a sign that you are being stalked by an angel.  I don't really see the appeal of being followed around by an angel but all day today I have been seeing white feathers and smelling chocolate.   So, if I suspend my healthy scepticism for a moment I could believe that I have a guardian angel, who has been sent to protect and guide me.


If this is true I wonder what I need protecting from or where they are trying to guide me.  Maybe it's to keep me cheerful when most of the reception class is singing beautifully, with an echo. Or it might be to keep me from feeling too stressed when I realised that it is suddenly Christmas (I saw Santa yesterday).  Maybe it's because I woke up this morning with a headache after the second PAMs Christmas Social of the year.  The last was in July.  I didn't drink anything that should have given me a headache but I did have some Sea Salt and Chardonnay Vinegar Crisps and it seems as though I can't handle my wine flavoured crisps.

If this angel is really stalking me then it could have made itself useful.  I have spent the evening refereeing fights between my children.  This includes the oldest child, who at 47 really should know better.  I found myself saying, "It'll end in tears," a phrase I vowed never to repeat, just before the middle child threw water over the biggest one who retaliated by rubbing ketchup in her hair.  And then I was proved right.  If that is how a guardian angel lets the people around me behave then I'd much rather it went away.

On second thoughts, though, I don't think all those white feathers could have come from an angel, unless it had been attacked by a fox.  Maybe, a pillow split open.  The chocolate smell was coming from my handbag and I feel so much better now that I've eaten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment