Tuesday 1 May 2012

What more do you need?..........Murder

There was a Dog vs. cat diary doing the rounds on Facebook and Twitter this week, which made me think that I must be a dog.
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/humor/otherhumor/dog_cat_diary.htm

Everything is my favourite thing, when I'm doing it.

This is a lazy week.  A reading, watching TV, knitting, making cakes kind of week.  I haven't been swimming or ventured to the allotment, although with this weather I could have killed two birds with one stone and swum to the allotment.

Reading is my favourite thing.  Luckily, my Mum lent me some new books.  She said, "This one is about cakes, so is this one and this one is about flowers and this one is about knitting.  What more do you need?"  I gave her the book I have just finished reading and said, "I really liked this, it's about murder."


I like a good murder.  It's my favourite kind of TV.  Scott and Bailey finished last night with a cliff-hanger that I will have completely forgotten about by the time the third series returns.  Probably, I will miss the first episode of the next series and I'll never find out who her mum is.  I love unrealistic female TV detectives.  They are never tired, pre-menstrual, have stomach cramps.  They wear expensive, well cut suits and heels (which they can run in).  No one is ever sick on their shoes.  And a murder is always  solved in 45minutes.  


Next week I will be able to watch both episodes of Silent Witness at the proper time.  Pathologists this time, rather than detectives but still in beautiful suits underneath their lab coats.  Lots of tall dark men with stubble and shiny shoes means there is a distraction when things get gory. 


 And it does get gory but it's main strength is confusion.  Was she possessed?  Is it possible to believe in God if you are a pathologist?  Do you have to be mad if you have grey hair in a series featuring murder?  So many questions.


Tonight is Holby night.  With any luck there will be a slip of a scalpel and my appetite for murder will be sated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment