Thursday 24 May 2012

Warning: Do not trust me with your husband!

In my own mind, I am the least likely person to lead anyone's husband astray.  I'm not very girly, or beautiful and have very little interest in romance (as The Long Suffering Husband will tell you) but yesterday I realised that I am in possession of hidden charms.

We went on a lovely school trip to Hyde Hall, which was just like having a day off, except for the counting. (Do we still have 25 children?) and my colleague had said, "Oh, no you're not going are you?" which I thought was a little harsh as we are quite good friends.  Her husband was also going on the trip and she made me promise not to talk to him.  Apparently, last time I saw him he went out the next day and got himself  'a huge organ'.  I didn't understand how this was my fault as I have no recollection of any conversation that would inspire such an act.  Possibly, I talked about the new keyboard that I had bought for school and how excited I was about it.


Yesterday, I tried really hard not to lead him astray.  First thing in the morning I talked to him about a book, that was being sold by the book people about hedgerows.  Then at lunchtime I told him how I made my rhubarb and custard crumble cake.  And finally, I told him about the pot maker I had bought in the shop.  

I am so excited about my pot maker that I missed choir last night to start making seed pots out of newspaper.


"I'm not allowed to talk to you," he said to me, "Can I go to the shop?" he asked his wife.

I also noticed that my colleague has ordered a hedgerow book and I suspect she might be making a rhubarb and custard crumble cake this weekend.

Rhubarb and Custard Crumble Cake and Melting Moments


Whoever would have thought that I'd be such a bad influence?


No comments:

Post a Comment