Thursday 10 May 2012

Love You.....

There are many ways to say Goodbye in the English language.

Bye
See you later (alligator)
Ta Ta for now (TTFN)
So long
Farewell
Godspeed
Toodle pip
May the force be with you
Don't let the door hit your bum on the way out
And that doesn't even begin to include the goodbyes in other languages.  
Au revoir
Hasta la vista
Ciao
Arivaderci
Sayanora
Adios

Everyone has their own personal favourite but the Goodbye the Long Suffering Husband received from the young lady at the check out at Tesco has made his evening.


Now, it is a fact that Mr All Trades could represent Great Britain at the Olympics if there were a flirting event.  I should have known better than to leave him on his own with the checkout assistant but I had forgotten something.  By the time I got back she had finished scanning our purchases and they were chatting, which mainly seemed to consist of laughing at me try to run.  She scanned my forgotten item and we paid and she looked him directly in the eye and said, "Thanks.....love you."


We were almost out of the door before I said, "Did she just say love you?"
"I think she did," he smirked.
Poor girl.  She just told a man old enough to be her Dad that she loved him when really all she meant to say was "Bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment