Saturday 5 May 2012

How to embarrass your children

The Long Suffering Husband, daughter and I have just returned from the cinema. We have watched a long list of 'films too embarrassing to watch with your parents' together.
When I was younger, evenings watching wildlife documentaries was enough to make me squirm but now I'm a grown up I can cope and my daughter is much more grown up than I ever was.


We saw American Pie Reunion, in a cinema full of 15 year old boys and I showed myself up. 


There were some potentially embarrassing moments in this film.  Some rude jokes, toilet humour, and sex scenes.  I behaved myself through most of it.  I didn't slide under my chair, or giggle loudly.  But there was one scene that bothered me.

 The Long Suffering Husband said as we left, "In all that film, I can' believe that's the bit you are talking about."  I even gasped and shouted, "NO" during the film.  My daughter had had a similar reaction during Sherlock but she did think I should have been quieter.  In the other films I always doubted that Michelle was a flute player.  
"One time at band camp......with my flute."  Really?
 Now, after this film I'm convinced.  No flute player would ever throw their flute on the floor - no matter how passionate they are being!

No comments:

Post a Comment