Tuesday 29 May 2012

A Lucky Day

There is a lot of clover on the fields at the moment.  Every time I walk the dog I am reminded of long summer days sitting on fields looking for the one mutant plant, the one with the extra leaf, the lucky four leaf clover.  My children don't seem to do this.  They are always busy, always rushing and it makes me sad that they don't have time to sit and rummage through foliage.  Mind you, the dog does love to cock his leg on a patch of clover, so maybe it's a good thing.  Clover leaves are said to represent the holy trinity of faith, hope and love and the extra leaf symbolises luck.

Last week I went on a fantastic school trip to Hyde Hall.  It was brilliant.  I came back relaxed and recharged and had taken some fantastic photos.  One child found a four-leaf clover.


When I arrived home, I discovered that I had lost the USB cable that connects the camera to the computer and so I couldn't download the fantastic pictures.  A colleague told me that they had found a lead and handed one in so I rang Hyde Hall and despite being very nice about it they were sorry but they didn't have a lead.  I ordered a new lead but when it arrived it was the wrong one.  Then I had a phone call from a lovely lady at Hyde Hall who now had my lead.

Hyde Hall is a fantastic garden and everyone should visit.  They are really nice and helpful people too.

I really enjoyed the sculptures.

 


But this sculpture is my absolute favourite.


The flowers at Hyde Hall are fantastic and I took loads of wonderful pictures but there is always a Robin trying to steal the limelight.


The best bit of any garden visit is the people......................................................... 


And thinking about what to have for dinner...............................

Toad in the Hole?







No comments:

Post a Comment