Tuesday 28 February 2012

To Rotavate or not to Rotavate that is the question.

I've always been a rotavator snob.  They disturb the peace, chop up the weed roots and don't go deep enough.  But it snowed again in half term, the allotment remained un-dug and it will be time to put the potatoes in soon.

The lovely Chicken man lent me his rotavator and the Long Suffering Husband took a day off (because although he hates gardening he is partial to a power tool).  The rotavator was a Merry Tiller and it made me very merry.


I still pulled the weeds out before but it made my allotment look beautiful.  Soil like coffee grounds.  


We even cleared the back plot.  No weed letters from the allotment Nazis this year for me!

While the long suffering husband was rotavating I weeded between my raspberries.  They have never looked this good.



And took the snail sex hotel to a new home.  There were just too many to sing and do the snail dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment