Friday 24 February 2012

Accident or Injury at Work?

A few years ago there was an article in the paper about how music teachers should be provided with earplugs to protect their hearing from the noise they endure on a daily basis. If the music teacher can't hear the noise because of the earplugs how can they do their job?  But we live in litigious society.  Music teachers must have successfully sued their employers in the past or the suggestion would never have been made.
Today I suffered an unusual workplace injury.  Teaching Djembe drumming (not my greatest strength) I have managed to bruise my fingers and my arms and hands are tingling.  Jokingly, I said that we should enter it in the accident book.  "Don't sue us", I was told.  




Now, I wonder how much Injury Lawyers 4U could get me for bruised fingers from over-enthusiastic drumming?  On the Internet there is a case where someone got £1400 for a crushed finger.  So, as I've bruised 6 fingers I should get £8400.  

Would negligence need to be proved?   And what about pre existing conditions?  I have always bruised easily.  Would it have to alter my ability to work? I have just been to Youth Orchestra rehearsal and played my flute with no problems. Would it have to last a long time?  I am expecting the bruising have gone in a couple of days.

On second thoughts, I think I'll just take some  Homoeopathic Arnica.

It was a fantastic afternoon and I would do it again tomorrow.  Well, maybe not tomorrow.  I might wait until these bruises have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment