Sunday 1 January 2012

Ride On King Jesus

Even before the 3 wise men have reached the baby I'm planning to kill him.

No sooner than Christmas is over, feeling tired, bloated and irritable, I'm forced to think about Easter.  What hymns to choose that aren't too morbid?  Something for the choir to sing that they will enjoy but will challenge them, and aren't too hymn-like? I trawl through YouTube, search hymn books and google church choir sites.
Easter is probably more important to the church than Christmas but I find it quite depressing to celebrate the murder and torture of a young man, so I've been looking for upbeat hymns, maybe a little gospel?

I briefly considered doing Ride On King Jesus but then realised that I would never be able to say the title without making it sound like an insult. "Ride On. 'king Jesus!"

Getting desperate I searched choralnet.org  for some ideas, only to find this picture:
These are the rules from the Children's Cherub Choir in America.  I wonder if 'keep clothes on' is aimed at anyone in particular?

No comments:

Post a Comment