Monday 9 January 2012

Rubbish Day for a Birthday

Fifteen days after Christmas, nine days after New Year and one week (or maybe two depending on which report you read) before the most depressing day of the year is not the best day to have a birthday.  Even as a child, nobody wanted to celebrate my Mum's birthday.

 A meal? "sorry, on a diet."
 A birthday cake? "There's some Christmas Cake still left."
 A gift? "We just spent more on your Christmas present."

I'm just as bad as everyone else.  The 9th of January sneaks up on me every year.  Shopping isn't my favourite pastime and so my poor mum usually ends up getting some flowers or chocolates.  This year she invited us to Sunday dinner (which she cooked) and her present was a variation on the flowers and chocolate theme. (Idea by the brilliantly creative Mrs M)


It's not much but it did make her laugh, which has to be the best present anyone can get at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment