Tuesday 24 January 2012

Mother of an Adult

Tomorrow morning at 7.40 I will be the mother of an adult.

At this time 18 years ago I was on a really long walk.  I walked from 1 until 4.30, came home did some knitting, ate something, had a bath and went to bed.  When I woke up at 3 it crossed my mind that I might be in labour but decided to go back to sleep.  Waking again at 5, it was time to tell Mr All-Trades.  He said, "it's not time yet, go back to sleep." "I've tried that," I replied, "would you mind calling the midwife?" The midwife arrived and out the baby popped.


Soon to be the mother of an adult is making me feel old and tearful.  I wish I could be more like the long suffering husband, who says when he thinks about being the father of an adult he just feels proud that she has grown into such a wonderful person.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, wasn't I cute! :')

    I still think Dad is just proud that I've reached adulthood!

    You'll never be old at heart though mummy because I'll never grow up!

    ReplyDelete