Monday 2 January 2012

Resolutions

I'm a compulsive resolution setter.  I make lists and goals and plans all the time but every New Years Eve I struggle to think of something to choose as the one for the year.

How can you pick just one?  Self-improvement is never ending:  More exercise, eat healthier, drink more water, keep the weeds on the allotment under control, learn to play the piano properly, say 'No' more often,  not get so stressed, eat less cake, waste less money, take more care over appearance, write less rubbish on my blog, read more, buy more shoes.

Today, I settled on one and have spent the day putting it into practice.  It is probably the best resolution I've ever made.  Every mother will tell you that no matter how hard you try you always feel like a failure, so this year my resolution is to NAG MORE.  We agreed jobs and a timetable and now I have permission to NAG whenever people don't stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment