Friday 13 January 2012

Roller coasters

Some people love roller coasters.  They get some bizarre thrill from hurtling head first towards the ground and having their stomach flipped in knots.  They just make me sick.


I like my life to go at a slow steady, flat pace too.  This week has been a bit of a roller coaster and now I feel a bit sick.  

I visited Leicester this week.  It was a lovely day.  Daughter had a good university interview, we had lunch, I walked all over the city and craved Foxes Glacier Mints.



This morning I woke up feeling really happy.  I thought the pulled muscle was better.  Then I moved and  felt miserable and a bit sick.
School band practice cheered me up.  That might be the best they've ever played and they want to record themselves playing God Save the Queen to send to HM for her Diamond Jubilee. They also want to go on Britain's Got Talent!
Then I went to a meeting about the Olympic Celebrations in our town.  I couldn't park and felt miserable again.  
The meeting was really exciting.  I can't wait until the Giant comes to visit.  I keep thinking that this will never happen again in our lifetimes and so it's worth putting all this energy into.  
Then at lunchtime I was talking to a colleague about Michael Gove's performance on morning television and I felt depressed again. I can't wait to have my lessons observed and criticised by parents!
This picture of Michael Gove always cheers me up

An afternoon with year 5/6 who had just had a PD lesson on smoking and were as high as kites had both brilliant and terrible moments. (I'm not quite sure what they had been smoking and can't wait until next week when they are doing alcohol!)
Then, the youth orchestra always makes me very happy.  Such a brilliant bunch of kids. 
Then I heard that two of my favourite people are going to be jobless quite soon. 
Then I watched Milton Jones.  I love his comedy - "In primary school they asked me if I wanted to take the Guinea Pig home.  3 months later and 2 plane rides later I was Papua New Guinea."

Please stop the roller coaster - I want to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment