Tuesday 3 November 2020

Some Old White Guy

 You might be the kind of person to have stayed up all night, with your map and spreadsheets or have woken up anxiously waiting to find out who the next President of the United States will be. However, if you live in the UK, then you are probably, like me a little confused.

Blue is Red. Remember that, I say to myself. We are used to red representing the left but it’s the other way in America. Trump likes red, which must be very confusing, even to him, when the rest of the world associated red with Communism.

Then there’s the whole donkey and elephant thing. I’m still not sure which is which but neither make me think of good things. They are both stubborn and surely animals of mockery, rather than valour. 

Then you have the whole voting system, which seems even more unfair than ours. People vote for weeks before and sometimes can’t get to vote because they e been in a queue for a fortnight. Even then, their vote doesn’t seem to count for much.

“It’s like Strictly,” the Long Suffering Husband explains, patiently. “The public vote for who they want and the judges get to decide.”

When I started writing this blog Biden was in the lead by a long way. He’s the blue donkey (I think) but who know how it will turn out. Now, I think it’s too close to call. Even if Trump loses he could still throw some lawyers at the problem and win, I believe. Trump was so tired and confused by the time I went to bed last night he was promising he would create lots of dogs if he were re-elected. That would have swayed me.

All I do know is that the winner will be some old white guy. I guess I should be more interested than that but I just can’t muster up the energy. Also, if Trump doesn’t win, who will there be for us to hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment