Saturday 18 July 2020

Piffle piffle Christmas

Boris announced that we were going to have a normal Christmas.



This makes me feel uncomfortable. It feels like he might have jinxed it. Don’t mention the C word in July. I know he’s trying to give us hope. I know that nobody actually knows what is going to happen. But the C word in July!

There were people that treated the Easter lockdown like Christmas, putting up trees, eating chocolate for breakfast, doing jigsaw puzzles and drinking their way through the old bottles of booze they brought back from Spain twenty years ago. That made me uncomfortable then. Most of my reservation came because they thought lockdown was only going to be two weeks but I was also fearful of some mercurial idea that I have that mentioning Christmas too soon will anger the festive gods.

Now I’ve written a whole blog about the C word. Piffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment