Wednesday 18 April 2012

What did you do today?

The Long Suffering Husband has always appeared to be a little resentful that I work part time.  On my days at home I teach individuals to play the flute in the evening and so we don't get to talk until after 8.  At that time he always says, "So, what did you do today?"  More often than not I just say, "not much." or "the usual stuff." This usually causes a bit of huffing and puffing.

I understand.  Honestly, I do.  It must be so depressing to live with someone who loves their job and also gets some days off.

This week, though, I decided to list the usual stuff in boring detail.  This is what I said:

"Well, I got up had a wash and got dressed and did a bit of ironing.  Then I did a  school run and took the dog for a long hour's walk along the canal.  When I got home I washed up and cleaned the kitchen and did some more ironing (while watching Jeremy Kyle).  Then I put some washing on, changed the bedclothes, hoovered up and went downstairs, where I finished my reports.  (Celebratory Dance)  Then I took all the music off my bookshelf sorted it and put it back on again, swam 34 lengths had a sauna and did a little bit of piano practice. My first of 10 pupils arrived.  Now, we've just had dinner, we are walking the dog.  When I get back I will wash up, iron the clothes I washed today and fall asleep (probably on the sofa)."

"Oh, Good," he said, "You should do that all the time.  You are so much better when you are busy!"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment