Friday 6 April 2012

Well, I've never noticed that before.

I've been offline for a couple of days because of a tiny button on my laptop that I've never seen before.  My laptop kept telling me that I had no wireless but it was working on my phone.  I tried turning the computer off.  I tried pressing Fn &F8.  I tried shouting at it.  I tried crying.  I tried phoning the person who  sold me the computer.  And then when I had finally given up and was trying to think of a different way of saying, "Johnny is average at music"(writing reports is probably the most tedious writing you can do!)  my thumbs strayed to stroking the front of the laptop and I discovered a little button.  On closer inspection the button was in the off position so I tried turning it on and hey presto I have Internet connection.


I wonder how many other things are there that I've never noticed before.  This morning I noticed a huge cobweb in the corner of my bedroom that must have been there for a while.  I hope it's been there for a while because the alternative explanation involves a giant invisible spider.



If you look up, you often see things that you've never noticed before.  In London on Wednesday we spotted a couple of signs that we've never seen before.  The first caused the Long Suffering Husband to write down the address so he could Google it.


It was on the front door of 7 Meard Street.  I thought it was a sensible sign for anyone who lived in the middle of Soho but it turns out that it was put there by Sebastian Horsley, who was an artist; obsessed with crucifixion, a writer; with a sex column in The Observer, a male prostitute, dandy and liar.

The second sign was the best piece of graffiti I've seen in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment