Wednesday 12 May 2021

5000 words

 Did I mishear? 



Did they really say, on the radio, that there is a proposal to change how languages are examined at GCSE? 

I must have done. If I had heard what I thought I heard then surely there would be outrage on Twitter but there’s nothing. 

When a model music curriculum was proposed music teachers, with years of people not understanding their subject, were quick to criticise (even though it did seem like an attempt to understand). What has happened to the language teachers? Are they all still in bed?

I don’t know. Maybe I’m imagining what I heard. I mean, I don’t sleep much, who knows what my brain might make up.

However, I’m sure I heard them say that French and German at GCSE will consist of a list of 5000 words that have to be learnt. 

Here’s a list of some of my favourite German words.

Krankenwagen, Weltschmertz ,Scwinehund ,Fernweh , scheiße,  arschloch , blöde ganz , depp , titten.

Makes total sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment