Sunday 17 January 2021

You won’t like it

 I love a good binge watch. It’s how I like to read books; in one sitting, barely bothering to emerge for cheese or chocolate. 

It was such a miserable day yesterday that was only fit for eating cheese scones and watching something absorbing but not too taxing on the TV. I’d finished Bridgerton over Christmas and was looking for something new. The suggestions of what to watch after Bridgerton weren’t appealing to me. I’d watched most of them anyway.

A colleague had mentioned on Facebook that she was currently addicted to Cobra Kai. I’d never heard of it. 

“You won’t like it. It’s not your thing,” she said.

I could have trusted her judgement. I could have decided that she knows me well enough to know it’s not my sort of programme. After all she’s a huge Game of Thrones fan and I can’t stand it.  However, it felt like a bit of an insult. What kind of person did she think I was? 

So I watched it and now I’m hooked. What’s not to like? Apart from the casual sexism it’s got everything that I love. It’s a ‘what happened next’ story, a story of people not being quite who you expect, a John Hughes-esque teen romance with Karate, bonsai trees and 1980s rock music. What self respecting person doesn’t love REO Speedwagon?




That’s today sorted. See you in 15 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment