Sunday 24 May 2020

Suffered Enough

No, not Dominic Cummings or the Prime Minister. When the Daily Mail and the Guardian agrees then the government has seriously mucked up. People are rightly cross. I wrote to my MP (twice) and I don’t need to write any more about it here.

It’s the Long Suffering Husband I’m talking about.

Twenty nine years ago, he woke up and put on his hired suit and thought he looked quite silly in it. The weather was perfect, just like today and he had no regrets, other than wishing he’d chosen to wear something else. His best men and ushers took him to the pub opposite the church.
“Are you sure, mate?” they asked “It’s not too late.”


I have seen pictures of how people are celebrating in these strange times. They have banners and balloons and cake. Special meals are ordered in. Couples go for picnics.

We talked about it and decided that our daughter could cook the Lasagne for tea and he could go out and play golf.
“Is that all right?” he asked, “Shouldn’t we celebrate together?”

I told him that it was fine. He’d suffered enough. 29 years of marriage certainly is enough to have earned some time off for good behaviour.

I’m going for a walk. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment