Tuesday 7 April 2020

With Balance There is Movement

I worry.

You’ve worked that out by now if you’ve read my blogs before but specifically, I worry that writing blogs, in real time, about what is happening in the world could seem really stupid if you go back and read them later. In ten years, with the benefit of history doing its twisty thing anything I write now could date really badly. People could look back and accuse me of being capricious; of letting my opinions vacillate (I have loved that word since I read a book called The Vacillations of Poppy Carew). However, this is just something we are all going to have to live with because writing this is the first thing on my new Coronavirus daily routine.

The second thing is yoga. This again, isn’t a new thing for me. I’ve written before about how brilliant yoga is. After my Dad died it got me through the grief. I raved about a YouTube class called Yoga with Adrienne and started her 30 Days with Adrienne programme. I didn’t do it every day but did manage to do each of the 30 workouts. However, after Mum died and my brain broke, yoga wasn’t possible for a while.

One hundred and fifty days ago, it became possible again and I made a commitment to do the 30days of Yoga programme every single day. I did the first consecutive 30 days and noticed how much it helped. Profound changes happened. Not so much to my body, and there are still loads of shapes I can’t get into, but with my mind. It was quite a ride at first. Then I did her other 30 days series and intend to start them all over again when I’ve finished the most recent one (home). It became a routine that got me out of bed. You can write a blog in bed, or read a book but you can’t do yoga.



The other day was a balancing practice. I am always surprised at how much movement there is in any balancing posture. As you get more experienced, those movement are less noticeable but they are always still there. So, maybe I shouldn’t worry about the vacillations of Julia All Trades. It’s just balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment