Saturday 4 April 2020

Not An Expert

Happy Weird Christmas.

Today, you can stay in, eat a roast dinner, go for a walk, feast on cheese and watch the Queen’s speech. You might like to crack open a jigsaw puzzle or have chocolate for breakfast. If you get really bored then you can get angry on social media.

I’m not an expert and there are lots of things I don’t understand about this virus. There are even more things I don’t understand about the government’s response to it, as I think a lot of the messaging has been confused. I’m sure that if I write some of the things I’m muddled by there will be plenty of people happy to angrily tell me the truth but I suspect that they are not experts either and that even the experts are not entirely sure.

Because I’m not an expert, I’m going to follow the advice I’ve been given. I will not be suggesting that the government do anything to make my life (as a rule follower) worse. I will try not to worry about everyone else or overthink everything.

https://twitter.com/essexpoliceuk/status/1246467566467514368?s=21

I think I’m in the majority and was really happy to see the local Police tweet pictures of empty parks and seafronts. If you looked at the three pictures in the Daily Mail then you might disagree with me but that’s fine because I’m not an expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment