Thursday 9 April 2020

Look after your feet

Over the last few blogs I’ve been talking about my routines. I told you that I start the day with a blog, followed by yoga. Before we were all asked to stay inside walking was part of my daily routine but was broken up into several sections. I would walk the dog after yoga then have breakfast, walk to school, have a lunchtime walk, walk home and then go for a long evening walk with the dog or walk to the swimming pool. This is a lot of walking and my feet (and the dog) are confused about having to do that much in one chunk.

The dog is particularly bothered. At first we tried to give him one long walk in the middle of the day but they say that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks and he was very confused. He has always walked, where he has his morning poo (by a dog waste bin) then he comes back and we feed him his breakfast. The same routine happens in the evening. When we first tried to do one walk a day, we forgot to feed him. Then we remembered but he wouldn’t eat. He kept nagging us for food and we would show him the bowl but he would flounce around the house saying, “But I haven’t had my walk yet. I’m full of poo, which I know you like to pick up. How can I possibly eat?” I tried to sneak out twice but I saw a neighbour also out with one of her dogs (she has 3 that can’t walk together) and she laughed that she wouldn’t report me. I worry a lot about things like that. The vigilante culture is one I find quite terrifying. The dog does love a long walk and especially liking the fact that he can walk down the middle of the road.

My feet have noticed the difference too, so I’ve added daily footcare to my routine. If you live alone I can highly recommend this. Every day (sometimes twice) I rub cream into my feet and massage all the hard knotty bits. Occasionally, I get one of those foot peeling treatments . Yes, it’s gross. No one likes touching feet.

But it is an act of supreme self love.

No comments:

Post a Comment