Sunday 26 April 2020

Soap or Crumble

Soap has become a very important part of our lives in recent months. Many of you stocked up on liquid soap, which I always thought was a mistake but I never fully articulated the extent of that mistake.

Scientists have warned that solid soap does a better job of killing the virus and that we should invest in a nail brush. We have been warned that long nails are one of the fastest spreaders of the virus, which can get trapped under the fingernails.

Many of us will be spending more time in the garden and be seeing evidence of this, as even the shortest nails can end up with a dark line of dirt embedded underneath them.

My mum loved gardening and had very long, beautiful nails, which I always envied. When I grew up and started to garden  I wanted nice nails, so I asked her how she achieved it. Her top tip:

 Before you go into the garden, dig your nails into a solid bar of soap. When you come in and wash your hands it will be clean under your nails. If that doesn’t work, make crumble.



I wonder if crumble has Coronavirus killing properties?


I am reminded of Big Nan’s advice:
You’ll eat a bushel full of dirt before you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment