Monday 23 November 2015

Earworm

I have an earworm.

A song is stuck in my head and it won't go away.  I've been singing it for weeks.  It goes, " Da da da da da da dee dum.  De da de da de da da dum. Da da da da da da de dum. De da de da de da de dum."

Do you know it?

It's there whenever David Cameron appears on the TV, especially if he is talking about ISIS, which I discovered isn't the International Space Station, with a typo.  I keep clicking on things on Twitter, hoping to see lovely pictures of a moon, a black hole or the rings of Jupiter, only to be disappointed.

I can play it on the flute.  I must have played it before.  It's a pleasing tune.

David Cameron is on the radio now and the tune running through my head makes me think of spring time sunshine and frolicking lambs and it seems at odds with his words.


"I firmly support President Holland's decision to attack and I want Britain to agree to do the same.  We must put an end to the Caliphate of Isil.......airstrikes to target Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi are essential to finally end this self styled Caliph and his reign of terror."

Oh, I've got it!

It's the Caliph of Baghdad.

A comic opera by French composer, Francois Adrien Boieldieu. 


My mind is weird but this is what it does with scary news.  

I quite like the Belgians' response to the terror threat news, as cat pictures make everyone feel better but it has only made me worry about Christmas.  

Your Christmas could be in peril.  #BrusselsLockdown.  I worry for you.  

As yesterday was Stir-up Sunday, my Christmas cake, pudding and mincemeat are all made and although my allotment is weedy my winter greens are doing just fine.  But they really do need to release those brussel sprouts soon, otherwise your Christmas will be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment