Thursday 1 January 2015

Completely Sane


You might pretend that you don't do all those silly quizzes on Facebook but you know what your anthem of the year is (Fancy), your inner Nationality (Canadian), how good your grammar is (14/15 - blooming :;) and how OCD you are.

My result for the OCD quiz was completely sane!

It was my favourite quiz of the year. Completely sane.

I'm completely sane.

I don't want to go on about this but I think you all need to know that I'm completely sane.

I could look at those pictures of things being in the wrong place and not be in the slightest bit uncomfortable. In fact it was funny. I laughed out loud at this picture.


I sent the quiz to my friends and they were all very OCD but I was completely sane.

My daughter has been suggesting that the quiz might be wrong. She thinks I might have closet OcD (oh dear look at that -OCD). There is nothing wrong with my closet. Of course my clothes are in colour order: how else do you get dressed in the dark? My friend seems to be in agreement with her, though. At a party she noticed that I had a plate of all orange food with none of the items touching and that I was eating in order around the plate. What's wrong with that? It's completely sane.

My daughter discussed my OCD with my friend the other day when she kindly agreed to be interviewed for a college project. They discussed my behaviour on Christmas morning. My daughter thought that my little pile of neatly folded wrapping paper and opened presents looked odd in comparison to their disorganised pile surrounded by mountains of screwed up paper. Luckily, my friend put her right and explained that mine was the correct way of doing it. My daughter suggested that, as she had been served tea in "the cutest way ever," with milk in a jug and sugar in a bowl my friend may not be the best person to judge. I had a sudden pang of envy.  That's how you should serve tea to your guests. I'm just too lazy to be perfectly OCD.

I need to apologise to my Secret Santa. I don't know who you are but because I am completely sane I was unable to use your present. I liked it immensely but you see it didn't match my Christmas table colour scheme. I did show it to my guests who all agreed it was lovely. 



If you read yesterday's blog then you will know that I was a bit Eeyore about New Year. Luckily, I was cheered by only friends called Jo leaving comments when I posted it on Facebook. 

No, I'm definitely not very OCD. I'm completely sane and I'm looking forward to continuing to be completely sane  in 2015, although I might buy a nice tea set.

No comments:

Post a Comment