Sunday 23 June 2013

To whom it may concern.....


Dear Weed Police, Allotment Nazis and General Busy Bodies,

These may look like weeds to you.  You may think you need to send me a letter.  You may think you need to point out that I've 'missed a bit' while weeding.  You may think you need to suck air in between your teeth and tut as you walk past.




However, they are in fact a vey carefully constructed and nurtured blackfly barrier.  Yes, I have pinched out the tops and in the past I have used a soap spray but nothing works quite as well this patented JuliaofAllTrades Broad Bean Protector. The technical reason must be that the ladybirds and other blackfly eating aphids like my weeds but let's not worry about the science for now.  Whilst, I say it's patented I will let you copy it for just a small price.  All you have to do is stop worrying about my weeds.


My Broad Beans
Your Broad Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment