Thursday 20 June 2013

This is when I'm most dangerous.

Today I am like Tigger on acid.


Sing Up are sending someone to visit our school today and there is a chance we could be given the Platinum Award and I'm excited.  Last night I thought I was stressed because I ate a whole box of Maltesers, even though I haven't eaten any chocolate since I lost my voice in December.  This morning I was awake at 4am and realised that I'm not stressed or anxious at all but excited.  I can't wait for someone to see our fantastic children enjoying singing.

So there I was at 4am, listening to the birds dawn chorus and wondering about a choral version of it (I know it's not an original idea) my brain wizzing, ideas rushing around in my head when I thought I'd just get up and get started.  After all it is Midsummer's Day, the longest day of the year.  I watched Question Time and sniggered childishly as Boris Johnson said, "an orgy of banker bashing."  I walked the dog.  I did some silly writing and I started to have ideas about school projects. 

Stop me.  This is when I'm most dangerous.  "Why don't we have a big concert with all the schools in Essex?" "Why don't I start a Lads and Dads Choir?"  "Why don't we make a CD?"  (Whoops already doing that one).  Yesterday the last four words that were played against me on Words With Friends were idiot, stupid, fool and daft and when I mentioned it to the person who played 'daft' she said that she'd just had a text conversation with one of my friends where they had both agreed I was bonkers.  There is hope for me though because a colleague commented on my facebook status about dreaming of donkeys and bottoms, saying that when he first read it he thought I'd finally gone mad.   Phew, I'm not there yet then.

No comments:

Post a Comment