Saturday 17 April 2021

No time for logic

 I would just like to point out that this is absolutely no time for logic.

Whatever you do, don’t think about things logically. 

Here are ten things you mustn’t think.

1. If my child has been in the same classroom as their friend all day then surely it would be fine for them to sit in their bedroom and play Minecraft (other games are available but no one seems to have told the children)

2. If I can have my brows waxed then surely my child’s one year health check will be in person, rather than by zoom.

3. If I can be in a shop with a thousand strangers then it would be ok if one of them was my mother/sister/best friend.

4. If I am with my family (who have also had negative lateral flow tests) outside and the three year old turns blue from cold then it would be safer to go inside.

5. Now that I have to be back at work full time the bank will be open more than two days a week or two hours a day.

6. If Matt Hancock can work out how to make a shed load of money by giving a lucrative contract during a pandemic to his sister, taking 15% of the shares for himself and dividing  all the other shares between the rest of their family then it is not beyond him to sort out the pay inequalities within the NHS.

7. Why am I having the vaccine if Boris says that it’s only lockdown that has brought the case numbers/deaths down?

8. Surely the Queen could do what she liked? 

The Queen shared her favourite photo. 


9. No ninety something year old woman who has lost her husband of 73 years should have to sit alone at his funeral. 

10. The government have totally got this. We understand everything they tell us and have had all the inconsistencies clearly explained.

I’m sure there are lots more but I’m going for a long walk and am going to try not to have any logical thoughts or upset myself by watching a funeral that is probably going to make grief worse, rather than better . 

No comments:

Post a Comment