Tuesday 20 April 2021

Balls

 Something happened with football.

 Some rich kids tried to steal the ball and people got very cross and a little bit depressed and eventually the rich kids thought it might be better to share the ball after all.

The Prime Minister even had an opinion, despite appearing as clueless about football as I am. He said that only the rich kids in this country can use a game to launder their money. Oh, and the Russians but this has to be an option for all the rich kids not just the top 6. 

I’m sorry.

I don’t understand football. 

I don’t understand the passion and tribalism that comes out of kicking a spherical object around a field but I am glad that public opinion still counts for something.

I wonder if the same people could get as passionate about some other things, like inequality, poverty, corruption and climate change?

I’m guessing not as none of those things have balls. It’s funny how balls seem to matter more than anything else.




No comments:

Post a Comment