Monday 8 March 2021

Too many dates

 I woke up this morning and thought, “8th of March? That date means something.”

I wasn’t sure what. Was is a birthday? An anniversary? Had I forgotten the day the Long Suffering Husband’s budgie died? Sometimes, there are too many dates to remember. I used to have this feeling occasionally as a child. I clearly remember one 22nd of February when I was in school, trying to work out why that date was important. Although it isn’t a date I needed to remember for any reason that I’m aware of, that feeling that it is somehow important has stayed with me.

This morning, I feel the same way about the 8th of March.



Maybe it’s because it has been talked about for so long as the return to school date. Good luck to everyone doing that today but as I don’t work on Monday it’s not me.

Maybe it’s because it’s International Women’s Day but that’s unlikely because I treat it very much like I do world book day. Every day is book day.

Maybe it’s because the Harry and Meghan interview with Oprah is about to drop. However, I am going to pretend I’m not in the slightest bit interested because that’s what you are supposed to do. Who am I kidding? I can’t wait. I loved the Crown, why would the real life version be any less entertaining? I have a lot of thoughts about the monarchy and they are not particularly coherent but I can’t deny it’s entertainment I’m looking forward to.

Maybe it’s just the day my contact lenses need changing.

Whatever the 8th of March brings I hope it’s not just a nagging feeling that I’ve forgotten something.

No comments:

Post a Comment