Sunday 14 March 2021

Mother’s Day

 Some people are going to find today difficult.

There will be people with dead, estranged or useless mothers. There will be mothers with children in the same categories and women who have never been mothers. This year, Mother’s Day feels difficult for a lot of people. It is reminding people that it has been a year since they were last able to legally hug their mother. 

If you find this Mother’s Day difficult then I hope you can make the best of it but if it is too tough then remember that it is just one day and tomorrow all the Mothers will go back to being unappreciated.

I will be spending the rest of my Mother’s Day writing about a woman who drowned her child in a pond and wondering what the third Sunday in Lent brought her. I doubt she got to enjoy Simnel cake.

I will also remember my brilliant mother and think about my lovely sister and be grateful for the time we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment